Schedule for the Week: Mon: 7p Tue: 7p Wed: ODD Thu: EVEN Fri: 7p
Mattress Sale Results
- We earned $8,500 for the band during this year’s Mattress Sale. The best one we’ve done so far. Thanks to everyone for helping us spread the word! It sounds strange, but this fundraiser WORKS!
Thank you to the small ensembles who performed at Rolling Hills Presbyterian Church Sunday morning in preparation for Solo & Ensemble festival!
- The congregation, pastors, and staff were very impressed by your performances!
- Sax Quartet: Ethan, Colton, Jaelen, Alec
- Flute Trio: Ana‑Sofia, Gabby, Shelby
- Freshmen WW Quartet: Hannah, Jeanie, Abby, Abilene
- JR/SR WW Quartet: Nat, Davis, Shelby, Lily
Monday, 4/1, 7pm: East Area Band Festival, SME Gym
- Call time: 6:30
- Ensembles Performing: Blue Knights, Symphonic Band, Concert Band (concert band students play Pep/Marching instruments)
- Attire: Concert Wear (CB: All Black, SB: Tuxes/Dresses)
Wednesday, 4/3, 7pm: Band Booster Meeting
Every Wednesday In April: Steve’s Villa Capri Food Nights ‑‑ Mention the SME Band and they’ll donate 10% to the band program! 10412 Mastin St, Overland Park KS 66212
2019‑2020 Band Leadership Applications
- Please submit by Friday, April 5. Drum Major candidates must submit Resume: https://goo.gl/forms/D4KcLwCRaA6ceSy73
Band Preliminary Placement Auditions for 2019‑2020
- Upload videos to Google Classroom by April 12
- Hard copies of excerpts are on the table outside the band office.
Regional Solo & Ensemble Festival Saturday, 4/6
- Parent volunteers are still needed . See link for information and sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050d4ba4a62ea64‑regional2
- Performance time assignments: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XP8UhYMMDl0loJWc_Ri7oLbNUTlG6HGZh‑Vkg2EbxWQ/edit?usp=sharing
Band Banquet 5/9
- Click here for the flyer
- Please RSVP by 4/26
Other Upcoming Events
- Wednesday, 4/10: State Large Group Festival
- Symphonic Band and Concert Band perform @ Blue Valley Southwest.
- SB: 11:15am, CB: 2:15pm
- Friday, 4/12: Jazz on the Bridge @ SM West ‑‑
- Blue Notes: 6:50pm, Cafeteria
- Blue Knights: 8:00pm, Bridge (activity hallway)
- Optional: $5 BBQ plates +drinks/sides available. Fundraiser for SMW band program
- Friday, 4/26: Jazz Night 2019
- 4/27 (TBA): State Solo & Ensemble Festival
- 5/7: Final Band Concert
- 5/9: Band Banquet
- 5/14: Graduation ‑‑ All Concert/Symphonic band members perform for ceremony
- 5/15: Marching Band mini Bootcamp (Leadership)