April 11 Booster Meeting Recap
- Thanks to all who came and welcomed our incoming 8th graders and parents!
- View the presentation slideshow
- View the 2023 Summer Calendar
- View the 2023-2024 Band Calendar
- Sign up to volunteer with the band boosters!
NEW: SME Band Fan Merchandise
- Stock up on your Lancer Band fan gear! We are partnered with FanCloth for a limited-time merchandise store.
- Opportunity for you to purchase fan-gear for the fall ahead of time, avoid the back-to-school money crunch
- This is not required attire for the kids — it’s for parents, friends, families, students, neighbors, ANY Lancer Band Fan!
- Limited time offer. Incentives for kids who refer the most business
- $$ for the band — the band receives $4-6 per item sold
- Visit the merchandise store here
2023 Band Camp Registration
- We still have about 25 upperclassmen who need to register for the 2023 Band Camp. Please do so here!
Regional Solo & Ensemble Recap
- Congrats to all of our students who prepared solos & ensembles for regionals yesterday.
- Those who earned “I” ratings will play at the state festival on 4/29 at Washburn Rural HS in Topeka
State Large Group Festival Wednesday 4/19 – Symphonic & Concert Bands
- Students are excused from classes all day. Both SB and CB will rehearse 1st hour
- Buses depart for Blue Valley SW @ 9:45am
- CONCERT BAND performs at 11:20am
- SYMPHONIC BAND performs at 12:00pm
- Performances are FREE and OPEN to the public
- Bring money $$ for Lunch OR please pack a lunch. We will go eat after Symphonic Band performs
- Return to SME by 2:15-2:30pm
- Attire: CONCERT BLACK
- Students should reach out to teachers to arrange makeups for tests, labs, etc…students may use class time Thursday or Friday to visit teachers for makeups.
Flower Fundraiser Pickup – Thursday, 4/20, 3-7pm
- Flower baskets may be picked up from 3pm-7pm in the courtyard outside the band room. In the case of inclement weather, we will move inside to the cafeteria.
- We sold approximately 170 flower baskets with a net profit of approximately $3,000. Great job!
East Area Band Festival – Wednesday 4/26, 7pm @ SME Gym
- 5-8th grade bands, Blue Knights Jazz Ensemble, Combined Concert/Symphonic Band
- Call time for all groups: 6:30pm
- Seminar combined SB/CB rehearsal on Tuesday 4/25, band room
Final Band Concert Wednesday, 5/3, 7pm @ SME Auditorium
- Featuring: Small Ensembles, Percussion Ensemble, Concert Band, Symphonic Band
- Call time for all students: 6:30pm
SME Jazz Night Friday, 5/5, 7pm @ SME Auditorium
- Featuring the IHMS Jazz Band, SME Jazz Bands & WPQ Combo, and special guests: SME Chamber Singers
- Tickets: Adults $10 @ the door – cash, card or venmo. Students free w/ SMSD ID
Band Banquet Monday 5/8, 6pm @ SME Auditorium
- Senior Recognition, Band Awards, reception w/ “Chill in the Village” ice cream truck and desserts
- Watch for more details in the coming weeks!
Marching Lancers Kickoff 5/15, 6:30pm @ SME Band room
- Meet your 2023 Marching Lancer Drum Majors, Section Leaders and Section Musicians
- Sight read pregame, pep-band and 2023 marching show music
- Organize summer activities with your sections
- Get hyped for 2023!
SME Graduation Band 5/16, 5:30pm @ SM NORTH Stadium
- Concert and Symphonic Band members will perform a pre-graduation concert, perform “Pomp & Circumstance” for the procession, and the SME School Song for the Seniors.
- Required concert for all concert/symphonic band members
- Attire: Dress Nice — no jeans, sneakers, or t-shirts. Slacks, dress pants, dresses, dress shirt, blouse, polo, etc.
- More details coming soon.