Drum Major Auditions Tuesday 4/26, WIN Time (9:25am)
- FULL BAND NEEDED: Candidates will conduct school song, fight song & Star Spangled Banner. Sign out of Seminar as soon as attendance is taken.
- Only those in attendance may vote for candidates
Elementary Honor Band — No rehearsal this week
- Will resume 5/3, last rehearsal on 5/10
8th Grade LINK Welcome Day 4/29, 9am
- The IHMS 8th graders will be visiting SME on Friday, 4/29. Pep Band will play from 9:15-9:45am to welcome our incoming freshmen to SME! Volunteer only, not required. Sign up during band on Monday.
SME Jazz Night Friday, 4/29, SME Auditorium @ 7pm
- Featuring the IHMS Jazz Band, SME Blue Notes & SME Blue Knights
- Souvenir t-shirts: $20 at the door.
- Admission: $10 donation for adults, $5 for non-SME students. Elementary band students free!
- Attire: Concert Black
- Call time: 6:30pm (all bands)
State Solo & Ensemble Saturday, 4/30 @ Washburn Rural HS (Topeka, KS)
Performance times have been announced to each student. Please arrive at least 45 minutes ahead of your time in order to secure parking, find your warm-up location and prepare for your performance
5th Annual SME Band Mattress Fundraiser, Sunday 5/1, 10am-5pm, SME Main Gym
- Our easiest fundraiser of the year. All you have to do is spread the word, and if you’re interested, buy a mattress or accessory!
- Action Item: Please like, RSVP, and share the Facebook Event! https://fb.me/e/1M3UfJ4OJ
- STUDENTS: Please sign up for a shift: pep band, mattress costume, general assistance during the sale. This is one of our biggest draws for the event. You never know who will see you and decide to buy a mattress!
AUDITIONS: ALL BANDS & DRUMLINE
- Symphonic & Concert Band: Auditions Due 4/29. See Canvas for details. Online audition.
- Jazz Band: Due 4/29. See Canvas for details. Online audition.
- Drumline: Help sessions 5/3 & 5/5, 4-5pm. Auditions in-person 5/10, 3:30pm: SME Band Room
NEW: Instrument Try-It-Night Monday, 5/2, 5-8pm
HS Band Students: Elementary students will be at SME to test instruments and make decisions about their future in the SME Band Program! Please let us know if you are interested in helping students find their instrument.
Symphonic Stinky Feet: London or Bust! Mr. Stinky Feet & SME Band London Trip Fundraising Concert 5/6/2022
- Mark your calendars! The SME Band will be teaming up with renowned musician Jim Cosgrove, also known as “Mr. Stinky Feet” (also an SME Band Dad)
- Members of the SME Music Theory class are adapting some of his hit songs that he performed with the Kansas City Symphony for the SME band, and we will be performing together in the SME Auditorium
- Event will feature guest artists, concessions, games, and fun family-oriented activities
- All proceeds from the event will go toward the SME Lancer Band trip to London in December
- Volunteers will be needed! Please email Phaedra, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping us run this awesome event
- See Jim’s info here: https://jimcosgrove.com/
- Info flyer here. Please share to social media!
London Trip Announcements
Important! May 1st is the absolute deadline to receive a refund before needing to make a claim with the travel insurance company. Please make sure contracts are signed and all payments are up to date (or communication made with our trip coordinators).
Upcoming Band Events: Please check your calendar, the band calendar, and let us know if there are any questions or conflicts!
- Friday, 5/6, 6pm @ SME: Mr. Stinky Feet/SME London Trip Fundraiser
- Wednesday, 5/11, 7pm @ SME: Spring Band Concert
- Monday, 5/16, 6pm @ SME: Band Banquet & Awards
- Tuesday, 5/17, 5pm @ SMN: Graduation (all 9th-11th graders in Concert/Symphonic Band)