Washburn University Jazz Fest
- Congrats to the Blue Notes & Blue Knights for terrific performances!
- Both groups earned “Superior” I ratings.
- Thank you to the Band Boosters for stepping up and providing chartered transportation when district transportation was not available.
Drum Major training begins Tuesday, seminar
- All students trying out for drum major must attend
Elementary Honor Band Tuesday, 4/5
- HS helpers: 3:15pm
Full Orchestra: SMSD Orchestra Festival Tuesday, 4/5 @ SM WEST
- Select members of the Symphonic Band
- Attire: Concert Black
- Call time: 6:30pm, report to SMW Cafeteria
- Concert: 7pm
Concert Band: SMSD Concert Band Festival Thursday, 4/7 @ SM NORTHWEST
- Attire: Concert Black. PLEASE review the guidelines for concert black! Attire must be appropriate, un-wrinkled, and professional from head to toe. Students will not be allowed to perform if not in the proper attire. Please contact us if there are any financial or material needs and we would love to help.
- Call time: 6:30pm, concert @ 7pm
Regional Solo & Ensemble Saturday, 4/9 @ Olathe South HS
- Performance times and guidelines have been sent out. Please let us know if you have any questions
- Reminder, all soloists need to have an original copy for the judge, with measures numbered.
- PARENTS: We need help with volunteers — if you can spare some time Saturday we would very much appreciate it! As of now we are very short on parent volunteers across the board. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050d4ba4a62ea64-kshsaa1
5th Annual SME Mattress Sale Parent Kickoff Meeting Tuesday 4/12, 6:30pm @ SME (cafeteria or auditorium)
- The easiest fundraiser of the year is back! We have made over $25,000 the past few years with this sale. All you have to do is show up to this meeting, and spread the word about the sale.
- The mattress company will donate $5 per person in attendance, up to $500.
London Trip Announcements
Upcoming Band Events: Please check your calendar, the band calendar, and let us know if there are any questions or conflicts!
- Tuesday, 4/12, 6:30pm @ SME: 5th Annual Mattress Sale parent/student kickoff meeting
- Wednesday, 4/13, various times @ Blue Valley SWHS: State Large Groups (Concert, Symphonic Band)
- Wednesday, 4/20, 6:30pm @ SME: East Area Band Festival (all bands)
- Friday, 4/22, TBA @ SM West: Jazz on the Bridge
- Friday, 4/29, 6:30pm @ SME: Jazz Night 2022
- Saturday, 4/30, TBA @ Washburn Rural HS (Topeka): State Solo & Ensemble Festival
- Sunday, 5/1, 10am-5pm @ SME: 5th Annual Mattress Sale Fundraiser
- Friday, 5/6, 6pm @ SME: Mr. Stinky Feet/SME London Trip Fundraiser
- Wednesday, 5/11, 7pm @ SME: Spring Band Concert
- Monday, 5/16, 6pm @ SME: Band Banquet & Awards
- Tuesday, 5/17, 5pm @ SMN: Graduation (all 9th-11th graders in Concert/Symphonic Band)
Mr. Stinky Feet & SME Band London Trip Fundraising Concert 5/6/2022
- Mark your calendars! The SME Band will be teaming up with renowned musician Jim Cosgrove, also known as “Mr. Stinky Feet” (also an SME Band Dad!)
- Members of the SME Music Theory class are adapting some of his hit songs that he performed with the Kansas City Symphony for the SME band, and we will be performing together in the SME Auditorium
- Event will feature guest artists, concessions, games, and fun family-oriented activities
- All proceeds from the event will go toward the SME Lancer Band trip to London in December
- Volunteers will be needed! Please email Phaedra, email@example.com if you are interested in helping us run this awesome event
- See Jim’s info here: https://jimcosgrove.com/