London Trip Payment Due this past Friday, 8/12
- Payment: $800, payable to SME Band Trip Fund, send to SME main office
- Missed the meeting last week? View the recap and meeting materials here.
Band Handbook Parent/Student Agreement Form
- All parents/students: Please read through the band handbook and complete the acknowledgement of the policies/procedures for 2022-2023
Monday, 8/15: Marching Band Zero Hour rehearsals begin
- All students report: 6:45am (we will be inside)
- Rehearsal begins at 7am. 100% attendance required!
- Rehearsals are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
Tuesday, 8/16: East Area Elementary Band Jumpstart Night
- For beginning band students. Not a high school event, but we will need a few HS student volunteers. Contact a director if you’re interested in helping.
Wednesday, 8/17: Back To School Night
- SME-wide event. Walk through your schedule and meet your/your students’ teachers!
Wednesday, 8/17: Panera Bread fundraiser
- 4pm-8pm, Corinth location. Eat food, benefit the band!
Thursday, 8/18: Marching Band evening rehearsal CANCELLED
- Enjoy the night off and plan on the next rehearsal, 6-8pm, 8/25
Friday, 8/19: SME Fall Activity Spirit Night — SME Practice FB Field
- NEW in 2022: During the FB team scrimmage we will give a preview of our 2022 marching band music along with the cheer, dance, volleyball, soccer and other fall activities.
- Student attire: GREY show shirts
- Parents: Bring a lawn chair, umbrella, and cool beverages. There is no shade in the area other than what we bring..
- Call time: 5:15pm
Saturday, 8/20, 9am-1pm: 2022 SME Band Car Wash & Lancer Dancer Pancake Breakfast @ SME
- All students are required to help!
- Pep Band performance for Lancer Dancer Pancake breakfast at 9am.
- All students are expected to pre-sell 5-10 tickets @ 10/each. Tickets were handed out at the Marching Band Showcase and will also be handed out on the first day of school.
- Parent volunteers needed! Please sign up to help: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094bafae22a57-82022
- Students will sign up in sections this week in class.
- Tuesday, 8/23, 6pm-8pm @ Nelson-Atkins Museum: Band Senior Photos
- Attire: Concert Black
- Bring your instrument and any props/fun items for the “silly pose”
ECKMEA All-District Honor Band and Honor Jazz Band
- Audition materials have been posted
- Students who successfully audition in November will perform along with the top musicians in the area at the Honors Convention in December
- View the materials here (they’re also in Canvas)
Join the Band App
- For mobile-based communication, calendars, schedules, and real-time announcements (such as updates when we’re on the road, etc)
SME Band Wish List
- Want to support the band? Consider purchasing items off our Amazon Wish List!