Blue Knights Jazz Ensemble Selected to perform at KMEA
- Congratulations to the students in the Blue Knights Jazz Ensemble! We have been selected to perform at the KS Music Educators’ State Convention & Workshop in February 2024. It is a lengthy audition process and entries are screened blindly by a state panel of music educators. It’s a tremendous honor to be selected. More details will be announced soon!
Band Booster Meeting Monday, August 7, 6pm
- Location: SME Band Room
- New parents, new volunteers for 2023-2024 encouraged to attend!
Marching Band Rehearsal Thursday, August 10, 6-8pm
- Please arrive no later than 5:45pm to set up for rehearsal. (Percussion 5:15pm)
- Thursday rehearsals are with Lancer Dancers, and required for a successful season!
Band Car Wash Saturday, August 19, 9am-1pm
- Saturday, August 19, 9am-1pm: SME Band Annual Car Wash
- All students expected to participate in at least 1 shift (signups in class)
- Parent helpers, donations needed. Sign-up for donations and shifts here
- Event flyer attached here
- Tickets were handed out at the Marching Showcase and will be available in the band room for pickup. Each student is expected to sell 5 tickets — turn in envelopes with cash/check or leftover tickets
- Parents who have buckets, towels, etc at home from last year – please bring to band room the week of the event