Pep Band & Concessions Wrap Up
- Thank you for a very successful basketball pep band and concession stand sales season! Our concessions team set an all-time record in sales and we couldn’t have done it without the incredible support of our boosters. Special thanks to Aaron and Carrie Roberts, Crystal Harris, and everyone who volunteered this year.
- Next year we need a new team to step up and run the basketball concessions. It’s a very important fundraiser and we don’t want to lose it. Please contact Mr. Toepfer or Carrie Roberts if you are interested in taking over. email@example.com
- It is very likely we will not host any more basketball games, but we will know this weekend if either team will host a substate game or travel to state. If we travel to state, we will select students based on instrument needs and regular season attendance.
Pre-Festival Concert Wednesday, March 1st 2023 – 7pm
- Join us Wednesday 3/1 for an informal ‘pre-contest’ concert featuring both jazz bands and both concert bands.
- Attire is casual for students. We simply want another opportunity to perform and show the parents what we’ve been working on
- Call time: 6:30 for all groups
2023-2024 Band Audition Information
- Symphonic, Concert & Jazz Band Audition videos due March 24
- Section Leader Interviews – March 21 & 22
- Drumline Auditions – March 23
- Audition materials have been posted to Canvas via Google Drive
Spring Fundraiser – Hanging Flower Baskets
NEW fundraiser for 2023. We will be partnering with Louisburg Nursery & Greenhouse in selling hanging spring flower baskets. You can choose sun or shade-loving plants, and baskets can also be converted into sitting porch plants. Before you purchase flowers this spring, see a band member!
Jazz Night 2023
Seeking a student artist to design our Jazz Night t-shirt (May 5). Let Mr. Toepfer know if you are interested! You do not have to be a member of the jazz bands to participate
Thursday March 9, UMKC Spring Festival – Symphonic Band
- Masterclasses for all instruments & convert observations – 11:30am-2:15pm
- Performance & Clinic: 6:30pm
- Details sent out last week. See itinerary here