Orchestra Collage Concert Tuesday 3/8 – Blue Knights, Symphonic Band
- Blue Knights Jazz Ensemble performing “Tank!”
- Selected members from Symphonic Band performing “Festique” with Symphony Orchestra
- Attire: Concert Black
- Call time: 6:30
- Concert begins at 7pm. $10 suggested donation benefits the orchestra program. Students free w/ SME ID
Band Early Spring Concert Video/Recording
- Congratulations to the students on a great concert!
- You can view the video from the concert here
Pep Band Finished for 2021-2022
- Thank you to the students and parents who made Saturday night’s ‘surprise’ basketball playoff game a success! We appreciate your talents and dedication. We are now finished for the year.
Solo & Ensemble Signup Deadline 3/10
- Students taking solos or small ensembles to contest must sign up by Thursday (percussion ensembles do not need to sign up)
- Sign up here
- Yes we know it’s Prom, but you will likely be finished before 5pm at the very latest.
Mr. Stinky Feet & SME Band London Trip Fundraising Concert 5/6/2022
- Mark your calendars! The SME Band will be teaming up with renowned musician Jim Cosgrove, also known as “Mr. Stinky Feet” (also an SME Band Dad!)
- Members of the SME Music Theory class are adapting some of his hit songs that he performed with the Kansas City Symphony for the SME band, and we will be performing together in the SME Auditorium
- Event will feature guest artists, concessions, games, and fun family-oriented activities
- All proceeds from the event will go toward the SME Lancer Band trip to London in December
- Volunteers will be needed! Please email Phaedra, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping us run this awesome event
- See Jim’s info here: https://jimcosgrove.com/
London Trip Payment Due 3/18
- Next payment of $400 is due 3/18. Since we are on spring break at that time, it would be helpful to receive the payment by 3/11, OR the Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday immediately following Spring Break (March 21-23).