Awards applications Due this week
- Senior Scholarships: Monday, May 9
- Band Academic/Varsity Letters: Wednesday, May 11
- Drumline: Tuesday, 5/10, 3:30-6:30pm, band room
- Blue Notes & Blue Knights: This week in-class
- Symphonic/Concert Band: Deadline has passed. Please send in for secondary consideration if you have not already
Elementary Honor Band Tuesday, 3:15-5:15
Band Booster Meeting Tuesday, 5/10, 6:30pm, band room
- We are filling positions for our band booster board and committees for 2022-2023. Help us make next year’s band season a success! Email Mason, email@example.com if interested.
Final Concert/Symphonic Band/Ensembles Concert Wednesday, 5/11, 7pm, SME Auditorium
- Sax Quartet, Percussion Ensembles, Concert Band, Symphonic Band
- Call Time: 6:30pm
- Attire: Concert Black
Seniors Last Day! Thursday, May 12
- Please turn in all school-owned instruments in your possession, music, books, and any other materials by Thursday, 5/12. We will hand in all materials except our concert pieces on Monday/Wednesday.
ACTION ITEM FOR ALL: Band Banquet RSVP
- Our annual Band Honors & Awards Banquet is in one week! May 16, 2022 from 6-8pm in the SME Auditorium
- New format for 2022: Taco Republic & KC Dole Whip Food Trucks will be on-site, honors awards to follow
- Follow this link to RSVP, or download/view the form
Graduation Band (All Concert/Symphonic Band Students grades 9-11)
- Call time: 5:15pm, SM North Auditorium
- Pre-concert begins at 6:30pm
- Students secure own rides. We can help transport large instruments
- Attire: Dress nice — khakis, button-downs, dresses, polos, dress-shirts, etc
Marching Band Kickoff Meeting & Rehearsal Canceled
- Due to to the change in the school year-end date, IHMS had to move their concert to the 19th, on top of our scheduled kick-off night. Mr. Toepfer & Mr. Starnes will be attending the IHMS concert to help kids check out instruments and distribute instruments
- 2022-2023 Section Leaders & Drum Majors — please plan on coming to the IHMS concert to meet your new section mates, exchange contact information and plan for summer activities. Wear your blue band shirts and cheer on your incoming freshmen!
2022 Marching Show Artwork Contest
- We are gearing up for our 2022 Marching Show, “What Dreams May Become”, and we’d love for the show artwork to come from the students. The songs in the show are “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” (Disney), “Pure Imagination” (Willy Wonka), “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” (Mendelssohn), “Compass” (Two Steps from Hell), “Lux Aeterna” (Requiem for a Dream), and “A Million Dreams” (Greatest Showman).
- Color scheme is pastels — purples, blues, pinks, iridescent whites, We’d like a design for a show shirt, show banner, and prop backdrops. They can be the same design and all tie together. Please submit artwork to us by May 17th. Email Mr. Toepfer or Mr. Starnes.
- The winner will earn a special prize!
- Link to music: https://soundcloud.com/alexthodemusic/what-dreams-may-become