Kansas Bandmasters Association (KBA) Marching Championships Recaps
Thank you to the students for an incredible day Saturday! Our first FINALS performance at the State Marching Festival since it became a competitive festival…very high marks from judges, compliments from KU professors & band directors from across the state. Saturday was a HIGH IMPACT MOMENT for our band program. I cannot thank the students, parents and staff enough for an incredible season.
- Prelims scores, commentary and score recaps
- Finals scores, commentary and score recaps
- Professional video of the performance will be available Wednesday, 11/3. I will send that out when I get it
Fundraising U Text Drive — Phase 2
- Our Fundraising drive has already earned over $15,000 for the band program in a few short days! Please keep the momentum going. Follow up with the people you have already contacted.
- Some people with Android phones may have not received your initial text. Please follow up and make sure everyone has received it. Use the recent KBA Marching Festival as a talking point — “Hey Grammy, I just wanted to tell you about our amazing marching performance we just had…”
- Another option is to send this out via email. Copy or modify this text: Quick reminder! My fundraiser is coming to an end. Please click buynowcc.com/donor or or text DONOR to 44944 to support us. Thank You! (Remember, specify LANCER BAND as the recipient)
- Fundraiser window is open for one more week, ending on 11/7. Let’s see if we can get over $20,000!
Marching Band Pictures Friday, 11/5
- Call time: 6:45am. Pictures begin at 7am. Full uniform
- Order forms were handed out on Friday. Students, please share with your parents!
District Audition Videos
All participating students should have signed up for a time to record district auditions or made arrangements to record on their own. Auditions must be completed by Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning at the latest.
2022-2023 – SME Band Trip to London, UK
- Meeting with dignitaries from London on Tuesday, 11/16 at 6:30pm, SME Auditorium. Travel company will answer questions, offer a presentation, and offer an official invite to the festivities for New Years 2023.
- Please visit the trip information page here
- Interested in being a chaperone? Fill out the form!
Fall Symphonic & Concert Band Auditions
- For all students participating in a spring concert ensemble — final placement audition preparations
- Materials have been handed out/posted in band room
- Auditions will be held November 17 2021
All senior photos are now available for download. Access here: https://www.bclose.photography/p830285630
Have photos or videos of the band?
Pay your band fees or donate to the band through the handy cash-transfer app. @smebandboosters
If you know that you/your student will be absent for an extracurricular rehearsal or performance, please fill out the absence form here. Please note that this does not automatically ‘excuse’ the student from the event – please contact us directly if it is significant conflict (FB game, concert, festival, etc)