Pit Orchestra Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
- 3:00-4:30pm, band room
All London Travelers – Mandatory meeting Monday, 11/14, 7:00pm – Band room
- All travelers must attend, or at least each student and a parent/guardian. Itinerary, Chaperone groups, flight/hotel assignments, roommates, “next steps” will be discussed.
London Chaperones: Final SMSD MVP Certification Tuesday 11/15, 9am @ SME
- Location TBA (likely Library or Office Conference Room)
- This is REQUIRED by the district to be a chaperone.
Concert & Symphonic Band Chair Placement Auditions Tuesday, Seminar
- These will determine personnel and chair placement in spring concert bands.
- Live auditions Tuesday, November 15th, Seminar
- Audition instructions
- Excerpt cuts have been posted to Canvas
6th Grade Honor Band Wednesday, 3:30-5pm
- Students interested in volunteering please contact Mr. Starnes
Blue Knights perform at Baker Jazz Festival Friday, 11/18
- Rice Auditorium, Baker University – Baldwin City, KS
- Performance time: 10:55am. Free and open to the public
- Attire: dress darks – coats, button down, slacks, etc. no tie necessary
- Students dismissed from class @8:45am. Leave SME @9am.
- Post-performance clinic: 11:20am with adjudicator
- Lunch: 12pm (bring $$)
- Return to SME by 2:15pm
NEW & Upcoming
SME Band Holiday “Ugly Sweater” Concert December 1, 7pm, SME Auditorium
- Blue Notes, Blue Knights, Marching (sit-down) Band.
- Attire: wear your most festive ‘ugly sweater’! Must be school-appropriate and not be distracting to other students/audience members (i.e. no flashing lights, etc)
London Trip Announcements: Please read, several new and ACTION items
Marching Band Souvenirs
- Mr. Video — HD video available for purchase from KBA (prelims and finals)
- B. Johnson Photography (professional pictures from both SMN and KBA)
Photos & Videos of the Band
- If you have any photo/video of the band, please upload them to our shared album!
- SME Band Google Photo Album
Amazon Wish List
- Has been updated here.
- Random question…Did someone send a bunch of dog food and treats to the band room via Amazon? Let us know…