SME Band Merchandise
Last chance to order your SME Band Merch! Great stocking stuffers and holiday presents. Deadline to order is 11/14, but I’m going to see if we can extend it through this week: https://smeband-2021.itemorder.com/sale
Marching Band Fundraising-U Text Drive
- After fees, we netted about $15,000. Congratulations on a great fundraising drive! The money will be spent to wrap our new trailer, purchase new marching band equipment/props, and senior gifts.
KSMEA East Central All-District Honor Bands
- Congratulations to the following students who made the ECKMEA All-District Honor Band & Honor Jazz Bands: Hannah Winter (flute), Maggie Terlouw (flute-alternate), Anna Wurst (clarinet), Breanna Ledbetter (bass clarinet), Sam Fritz (bari sax-alternate), Sammy Hicks (jazz saxophone-alternate), Ted Athon (jazz saxophone-alternate), Henry Revare (Jazz Trumpet), Hudson O’Neill (Jazz Trumpet) Aidan Torkelson (Jazz Trombone), and.Ruby Wagner (jazz drumset). We are proud of you!!
Musical “The Wedding Singer” – Rehearsals begin Monday, 11/15
- Rehearsals run daily after school from 3:00pm-4:30pm.
London Trip Meeting & Event Tuesday, 11/16, 6:30pm – SME Cafeteria
- Meeting with dignitaries from London on Tuesday, 11/16 at 6:30pm, SME Cafeteria. Travel company will answer questions, offer a presentation, and offer an official invite to the festivities for New Years 2023.
- Jazz band & pep band (marching band) will be playing. Local news media and SMSD administration will be present. Let’s pack the house (while wearing masks and staying physically-distanced)
- Student attire: CONCERT BLACK.
- Please visit the trip information page here
Fall Symphonic & Concert Band Auditions
- Audition VIDEOS due Wednesday, 11/17, 11:59pm in CANVAS. Students not enrolled in marching band or cadet band should upload videos to google drive & send Mr. Toepfer the link.
Baker Jazz Festival Friday, 11/19 – Blue Knights Jazz Ensemble
Please bring money for lunch. Field trip approval form will be handed out Monday/Tuesday. Performance is free and open to the public
- Attire: Concert black
- Dismiss from class – 9:45am, Depart SME @ 10am
- Perform: 12pm
- Clinic with judge: 12:20pm
- Return to SME: 2:15pm
All senior photos are now available for download. Access here: https://www.bclose.photography/p830285630
Have photos or videos of the band?
Upload them to our google photo album!
Pay your band fees or donate to the band through the handy cash-transfer app. @smebandboosters
If you know that you/your student will be absent for an extracurricular rehearsal or performance, please fill out the absence form here. Please note that this does not automatically ‘excuse’ the student from the event – please contact us directly if it is significant conflict (FB game, concert, festival, etc)