Musical “The Wedding Singer” – Rehearsals continue
- Rehearsals run daily after school from 3:00pm-4:30pm.
London New Years 2022 – Filming TOMORROW (11-29)
- Our reception last week was so positively received that we’ve been invited to participate in this year’s virtual event
- LNYP Film Crew on site @ SME to film clips from our 2021 Marching Show
- Student call time: 6:30am – FULL UNIFORMS – please don’t forget marching shoes & black socks!
- Parents: Welcome to attend filming between 7:15am-8:00am (or as long as you’d like). The film crew wants to record some crowd shots between 7:40am-8:00am.
London 2022-2023 Travelers
- Please fill out this form with your preferred contact information. We request a form from each traveler (even within the same household) so we can get an accurate estimate for our numbers.
- $200 deposit Due Friday, 12/3.
- Please make check out to: SME Band Trip Fund
- Send deposit check to: Shawnee Mission East, attn: Band London Trip. 7500 Mission Road, PVKS 66208
- Students may drop off checks to the SME main office – please do not bring to band room
- Questions about the trip? Send email to email@example.com
Drumline Performs for Prairie Village Holiday Tree-Lighting Ceremony Thursday, 12/2
- Call time: 5pm, Corinth Square Hen House
- Free and open to the public – Ceremony begins at 6pm
- Attire: Blue Band Jackets, jeans
ECKMEA All-District Honor Band This Saturday (BVHS, BVN)
- Congratulations to our All-District Band Students: Hannah, Anna, & Bre (concert band), Henry, Hudson, Aidan, Ruby (Jazz Band)
- You should have received your music, folder & concert information. Please contact me ASAP if you have not!
- Registration begins at 7:20am Saturday — Please be on time! If you are late, an alternate will be called and you will not be able to participate in the band (or audition for all-state)
Annual Winter Band Concert & Ugly Holiday Sweater Contest, 12/8, 7pm, SME Auditorium
- Percussion Ensemble, Jazz Bands, & Marching Band performing holiday favorites
- Attire: Festive “ugly sweaters”, holiday attire or colors, jeans/slacks/khakis. Have fun! Keep it school appropriate and do not distract/detract others from the performances on stage.
Pep Band – Basketball Tournament begins 12/7, bracket TBA
- We will for sure be performing Tuesday, 12/7 for the opening game of the basketball season. The tournament runs Tuesday-Friday. We will be playing on Thursday OR Friday.
- The pep band is an ensemble made up of members from the marching, concert and jazz bands that plays at all home boys and girls varsity basketball games. All students are required to participate in at least 4 events per season. More details will be discussed in classes.
Marching Band Photos
- Tiffany Truster (Black Bear Photography) has donated great pictures of the band to us. Find them here
- All senior photos are now available for download. Access here: https://www.bclose.photography/p830285630
Have photos or videos of the band?
Upload them to our google photo album!
Pay your band fees or donate to the band through the handy cash-transfer app. @smebandboosters
If you know that you/your student will be absent for an extracurricular rehearsal or performance, please fill out the absence form here. Please note that this does not automatically ‘excuse’ the student from the event – please contact us directly if it is significant conflict (FB game, concert, festival, etc)