- Regular zero-hour rehearsal with ODD block day. Rehearsal will be outside.
- Temperatures this week are forecast to be COLD. Please dress warmly! Cold weather tips from Mrs. Toepfer, a South Dakota native who played in marching band all through high school:
- Hand and foot warmers, cracked open before rehearsals
- Extra socks, dress in layers, wear hats/gloves/long pants.
- Eat a good breakfast before you go to school
- You can simultaneously be cold and still perform well!
- Just like in July when it’s 100 degrees, take care of yourselves, be proactive and prepare for the weather. We will not be inside unless temperatures are in extreme ranges (temperatures below zero, inclement weather, etc).
- We are lucky to only have a few cold weather rehearsals this year. Let’s finish the week strong!
- 7am rehearsal EVEN day (details TBA)
- Regular zero-hour rehearsal with ODD class day
- Late start EVEN day (no zero hour)
Thursday, 10-20 – FB Game #4, Band Senior Night & Glow Show
- 5:00pm — Low brass, percussion: Load trailer & equipment truck
- 5:15pm — Call time for all others. Attire: FULL UNIFORM & BLACK SHIRTS for glow show
- 5:30pm — Buses depart for SMN
- 6pm — unload, set up for pregame
- 6:50 — pregame
- 2nd quarter, 10 min mark: Senior parents/families begin lining up on SW corner of track in alphabetical order.
- Halftime: Performance FIRST. Seniors find parents on track immediately after performance. Extra helpers (underclassmen parents) needed to move equipment quickly and efficiently before/after performance.
- Senior recognition will begin as soon as seniors are in place.
- If we run out of time, senior recognition will continue through 3rd quarter (every dead ball/pause)
- 3rd quarter — off, get dressed in lights/glowsticks. arms, bodies, instruments, drums, etc
- After game — 2022 GLOW SHOW
- 10 minutes after the conclusion of the game, the lights are turned off & we perform the show in the dark
- Get creative — battery-powered bulb/LED lights work best. Can be found at dollar stores, walmart, amazon. Lights/decorations must be appropriate and not disrupt others in the band or you may be held out
- After glow show – load buses, leave for SME
- Return approximately 10:30pm
Friday, 10/21 – No School: PT Conferences
- Due to contractual obligations, SMSD is not allowing any practices or rehearsals this day as we previously thought. Enjoy the day off and prepare for…
Saturday, 10/22 — Kansas Bandmasters Marching Championships – University of Kansas Memorial Stadium
- All of the parent/visitor/logistics/itinerary information is in this packet: KBA 2022 Info Packet
London trip 2022-2023
- Reminder, final payments are now past due. Please see the London Trip Announcements for an important update