Band Booster Meeting Tuesday, 10/19, 6:30pm @ SME
- Items on the agenda: Marching/Jazz Festival updates, New Trailer acquisition/security/modifications, volunteers, London Trip, and more!
Marching Band Senior Night & Glow Show Thursday, 10/21 @ SM North
- Call time: 5:30pm @ SME. Please note: There will be absolutely NO food or drink other than water while in uniform. We have moved back call time by an hour – please take advantage! Students may also visit concessions during 3rd quarter break. Thank you for helping us keep our uniforms clean and looking great!
- Senior night @ halftime. Game starts at 7pm. Senior Parents & Students meet on track during 2nd quarter. We will give further directions onsite.
- Seniors: if you have not submitted a bio to Mrs. Muehlberger, this is your last chance! Check your email
- After senior recognition, during halftime: We will perform our competition field show
- After the game: the 2021 Glow Show! Please wear as many BRIGHT lights as possible: battery powered LED holiday lights, glowsticks, etc.. Students wear ALL BLACK under their uniform. We will perform the glow show in our uniform overalls, black shirts, and bodies/instruments covered in bright lights. 10 minutes after the conclusion of the game, we will perform the show in the dark. Get creative and have fun!
- Volunteer signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0A4DAEA622ABF94-home1
Fall Symphonic & Concert Band Auditions
- For all students participating in a spring concert ensemble — final placement audition preparations
- Materials have been handed out/posted in band room
- Auditions will be held November 16-18 2021
2022-2023 – SME Band Trip to London, UK
- Please visit the trip information page here
- Interested in being a chaperone? Fill out the form!
All senior photos are now available for download. Access here: https://www.bclose.photography/p830285630
Have photos or videos of the band?
Upload them to our google photo album!
Pay your band fees or donate to the band through the handy cash-transfer app. @smebandboosters
If you know that you/your student will be absent for an extracurricular rehearsal or performance, please fill out the absence form here. Please note that this does not automatically ‘excuse’ the student from the event – please contact us directly if it is significant conflict (FB game, concert, festival, etc)
Marching Band Week-At-A-Glance
- Monday, 7am: ON FIELD: short visual/musical warmup, add new visuals/clean drill. 8:30: Inside for fundraiser kickoff, listen to UCM judge comments
- Tuesday, 7am: Zero hour ON-FIELD: Pregame
- Wednesday, 7am: Full rehearsal
- Thursday: 5:30-10:30pm: @ SMN for Senior night, glow show, football game #4
- Friday: NO SCHOOL (no rehearsal)
Cadet Band Week-At-A-Glance
- Tuesday: Sight reading
- Thursday: articulation exercises, range extension, concert music
Music Theory/IB Music Week-At-A-Glance
- IB Music Curriculum refresh and new activities – Areas of Inquiry, Exploration
Jazz Band – Blue Knights (6th Hour)
- Tuesday: Nikki, SR holiday music (Chili Pepper Christmas!)
- Thursday: Holiday music & Baker Jazz Fest prep
Jazz Band – Blue Notes (7th Hour)
- Tuesday: SR new music, Baker Jazz Fest Prep
- Thursday: Same as Tuesday