SMSD Marching Exhibition Monday 10/3, @ SM SOUTH Stadium
- Call time: 5pm percussion, large instruments & props @ SME. 5:15 everyone else.
- Attire: Full uniform. BLACK SOCKS, speedsters, show shirt, garment bags, hats/gloves/gauntlets
- Buses depart 5:30pm. Warmup at stadium begins @ 6pm
- Show begins at 7pm. We perform @ 7:40. See festival memo for detailed information. We switched loading/seating spots with SMN, so please refer to that seating chart in the new PDF.
- Free and open to the public. Come support your SMSD Marching Bands!
Band Booster Meeting Tuesday, 6pm @ SME – Band Room
- Lots on the agenda with the upcoming marching festivals and London Preparations. All are welcome!
Pictures/videos of the Band
- We need a volunteer with a good camera/camera phone to record from the press box area moving forward. Please let us know if you can help out. If you have any pictures or videos from Friday (or any time this year) we’d love to see them! Upload them to our shared google photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/styDhij7jghDNfJ48
All Band General Fundraiser – Online Popcorn Sales
- UPDATE: as of Friday afternoon we are over $14,000 in sales! Please participate if you have not already done so.
- No product distribution. Product is shipped directly to customers nationwide
- Option for supporters donate money rather than purchase product
- Great gift item, who doesn’t love popcorn?
- All students (Marching, Jazz, Concert) should participate in this fundraiser, as it goes to the band booster general fund
- If supporters want to donate but don’t want to buy popcorn, they can make out a check to the SME Band Boosters and send to the school, or venmo @smebandboosters-2
- PLEASE HELP by distributing this flier at your workplace or other high-traffic locations:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ItPHgC1P-UzCIoS0_ZzOasUAcpe6QKwk/view?usp=sharing
- Directions for getting started if you have not already done so: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11grZnWN3X4FY8r4uaPqlR3KBitYBCQD_/view?usp=sharing
Rehearsal Thursday, 10/6, 6-8pm
- Rehearsal is at SME this week
ECKMEA All-District Honor Band and Honor Jazz Band
- NEW: Sign up here for auditions. Deadline is October 11th
- Audition materials have been posted. Auditions are 11/5 at Gardner-Edgerton
- Students who successfully audition will perform along with the top musicians in the area at the Honors Convention on December 3rd
- View the materials here (they’re also in Canvas)
Football & Marching Band Festival Volunteers
- Volunteer to help here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4daea622abf94-fbgame
Volleyball Concessions Volunteers
- Thanks to Aaron and Carrie Roberts for the extra hard work so far this semester! We have added Volleyball and Wrestling games this year; please sign up to help if you are interested
Join the Band App
- For mobile-based communication, calendars, schedules, and real-time announcements (such as updates when we’re on the road, etc)
SME Band Wish List
- Want to support the band? Consider purchasing items off our Amazon Wish List!
- Thank you to everyone who has supported us so far!