We still have a number of outstanding band fees. Please review our band fee payment page to make a payment or arrangements with our band boosters. Your support is crucial to a successful school year!
Marching Band: SMSD District Marching Band Festival Monday 10/4
- Call time @ SME: 4:30pm. Students please eat early dinner or heavy snack before reporting
- Parents & families: FREE admission, open to the public. All 5 SMSD high schools will be performing their competition field shows; it is a very fun event!
- Parents & spectators should park on the West side of the stadium and sit in the home stands
- Event starts at 7pm
- SME performs 2nd on the program
- Need 1 volunteer to record via our iPad — very simple! Please email Mr. Toepfer
Marching Band: Home Football Game #3 (Homecoming) Thursday, 10/7 @ SM North Stadium
- Halftime performance will occur after the homecoming ceremony
- Congratulations to Lilly Rogers, Evan Broaddus & Carson Welch on their nominations to the homecoming court!!
- Volunteer signups here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0A4DAEA622ABF94-home
Jazz Band & Cadet Band Fall Concert, NEXT Tuesday, 10/12, with special guest Adam Larson
- 7pm, SME Auditorium. All audience members must be masked. Please sit with family cohorts and maintain as much physical distancing as possible
- Attire: Dress Blacks. Guidelines on dress blacks
Fall Symphonic & Concert Band Auditions
- For all students participating in a spring concert ensemble — final placement audition preparations
- Materials have been handed out/posted in band room
- Auditions will be held November 16-18 2021
- KMEA District Honor Band, Jazz, and Sousa Band (9th graders) have all been handed out. Please see a director if you have any questions!
2022-2023 – SME Band Trip to London, UK
All senior photos are now available for download. Access here: https://www.bclose.photography/p830285630
Have photos or videos of the band?
Did you know we have Venmo? We are hip! Pay your band fees or donate to the band through the handy cash-transfer app. @smebandboosters
If you know that you/your student will be absent for an extracurricular rehearsal or performance, please fill out the absence form here. Please note that this does not automatically ‘excuse’ the student from the event – please contact us directly if it is significant conflict (FB game, concert, festival, etc)
Marching Band Week-At-A-Glance
- Monday, 7am: run show with Lancer Dancers, polish
- Tuesday, 7am: Sleep in! No rehearsal
- Wednesday, 7am: Polish show, clean forms & transitions
- Thursday, 4:30: Call time for FB Game
- Friday, 7am: Review all – memorization, visuals
Cadet Band Week-At-A-Glance
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday – October 12th Concert preparation
- Concert attire: Dress blacks — What are ‘dress blacks’?
Music Theory/IB Music Week-At-A-Glance
- Monday – 7th chords & inversions
- Wednesday – 7th chords & inversions
- Friday – 7th chords & inversions
Jazz Band – Blue Knights (6th Hour)
- Tuesday – Blue Bossa scales/chords KMEA auditions, concert lit
- Thursday – bebop scales/arpeggios – permutations, concert lit
Jazz Band – Blue Notes (7th Hour)
- Monday – review jazz commandments, major scales, concert prep
- Wednesday – major scales, concert prep