Marching Band Rehearsals this Week
- View the weekly agenda — this is also linked to your homepage on Canvas
- Thursday night rehearsal, 6-8pm: SME Upper Turf Field (by PV Pool) due to the freshmen football game. We are also looking for an alternate location — will announce that by the end of the day tomorrow.
KSMEA All-District Honor Band Tryouts
Auditions are quickly approaching (first weekend in November). Below are the materials that were passed out in May. If you have not begun preparing, please do so now!
From the Band Boosters — Meeting Tuesday, 6pm @ SME
- If you’re a new parent or want to learn about how to get involved, please attend the meeting Tuesday! SME Band Room, 6pm.
- SME Concession Sales volunteers – Please sign up to help! Students and parents needed, multiple dates
- Parents: Save money on admissions to Home Football and Basketball games to watch the band! Buy an All-Sports Boosters Activity Pass
- Chaperone MVP Certification — mandatory for bus chaperones, trip chaperones, and valid for FOUR years. Look ahead and get certified now if you plan on being a chaperone! (it’s free)
- If you have a family-run business, or work for a local business, please consider having them become a corporate sponsor of our band program. The flyer attached outlines what the company will get for their tax-deductible sponsorship . They can sponsor a specific show for $100, a band (i.e. marching or jazz, etc.) for $500, or the entire program for $2,500 for the year. We would also welcome family sponsorships. Contact Corp Sponsor Chair, Sheryl Hampton, at email@example.com to get involved!
- Order Additional Show Show Shirts & Sunglasses: Parents, families and friends — order a show shirt and/or sunglasses, available here
Join the Band App!