School Schedule is altered for the week (no school Monday)
- Tues: EVEN, Wed: ODD, Thurs: EVEN, Fri: ODD
Band Booster & London Trip Fundraiser (Mr. Stinky Feet Concert) Meetings Tuesday, 6pm, SME Band Room
- Booster Meeting: 6pm
- Mr. Stinky Feet Meeting: 7pm
Marching Band Thursday Night Rehearsal (@ SME Football Field)
Blue Knights Perform @ Prairie Village Jazz Fest, Harmon Park
- Saturday, September 10, 3:00pm
- Call time: 12pm for sound check (12:15pm). Will have time to leave and return for set.
- Attire: Dressy: khakis/slacks/polos/button downs. No athletic wear. May wear nice shorts if weather is warm.
- 8-10 volunteers needed for trash duty. City of PV paying $500 towards London Trip
- Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4daea622abf94-prairie
Mr. Stinky Feet & The Marching Lancers London Fundraiser Extravaganza!
- Friday, September 30th
- Fun, games, music & more
- 5:30pm @ SME
- ALL students traveling to London are expected to perform on the concert!
Lancer Day 2022 Information – Preliminary Itinerary
- 7:00am: Normal zero-hour rehearsal
- 7:30am: March through hallways with cheer/dance/pep club
- 12:08pm: classes dismissed. Students eat a quick lunch, change in to parade theme attire
- This year’s band theme is “Minions”. Wear yellow shirts, overalls, denim, goggles, etc., and look like a minion (from the ‘Despicable Me’ movies). Students please discuss with your sections for specifics
- 1:15pm: Parade begins, 75th & Mission to the Village Shops
- 1:45pm: Perform as a pep band for the rally by the clock tower
- Parent volunteers needed to help pass out water when the band reaches the rally area
- 2:30pm: Students return to SME, depart for home (buses run regular routes). Band room closed from 2:45pm-4:30pm
- The band trailer/truck will be available to transport large instruments back to SME after the parade. Students will need to walk or secure own rides back from the village shops.
- 5:00pm: Call time for FB Game. Load trailer, truck & buses. UNIFORM ATTIRE TBA (based on weather)
- 5:30pm: depart for SM North
- 6:00pm: Truck/trailers unloaded at SMN, prep for pregame
- 6:50pm: Pregame
- 7:00pm: Game begins, perform halftime @ approximately 7:45pm
- 9:00pm: Game ends, load truck/trailer & depart for SME.
- 9:30pm: Students released after unloading
ECKMEA All-District Honor Band and Honor Jazz Band
- Audition materials have been posted
- Students who successfully audition in November will perform along with the top musicians in the area at the Honors Convention in December
- View the materials here (they’re also in Canvas)
Join the Band App
- For mobile-based communication, calendars, schedules, and real-time announcements (such as updates when we’re on the road, etc)
SME Band Wish List
- Want to support the band? Consider purchasing items off our Amazon Wish List!