Hybrid learning began Tuesday, January 26th
- SME Doors will open at 7:10 for bus riders and students will report directly to the cafeteria.
- Walkers, Bikers and Car Riders please do not arrive prior to 7:25.
- At 7:25, students will go directly to their 1st class.
New procedure for Remote Band Students (Symphonic, Concert & Jazz Bands)
- Log in every day for attendance
- The FIRST day of the week (Monday or Tuesday), stay logged in & follow along/participate in rehearsal
- The NEXT day (Wed/Thurs), you will be completing work asynchronously (Prescott technique, transcriptions, listening assignments, etc)
- Friday log in for further instructions
Amended procedures for In-Person Hybrid Students
- You will still attend on your alpha day. Students in jazz band may attend both days in-person.
- On your non-alpha day, you will not be expected to log in for rehearsal. Please complete asynchronous work.
- All students log into WebEx on Fridays
Daily COVID Self-Assessment – Please complete the attached Daily COVID Self-Assessment each day before sending your students to school. The assessment lists potential symptoms of COVID-19, as well as instructions for next steps about various situations you may encounter regarding COVID-19. You do not need to report anything to the school nurse unless your student has symptoms and/or your student can answer “yes” to any questions at the bottom of the assessment. Remember to contact (1) the attendance office for absences and (2) the school nurse to report any COVID symptoms or exposures. StudentCOVID-19Assessment.pdf
If you have any questions or concerns in regards to Covid symptoms or exposures, please contact our school nurse, Stephanie Ptacek at 913-993-6616 or email her at email@example.com .
*Students must have a mask/face covering on at all times when not actively playing their instrument. Bell covers for wind-instruments are required as well. Masks with vents are not allowed per the district. The mask/face covering must cover the nose and mouth. For students who forget their masks, school will provide a mask. Students who refuse to wear a mask properly at all times will first be warned and then sent home if it continues.
January 25-29 Hybrid Schedule
Tuesday, January 26 — Group “A” Students attend hours 5, 6, 7, Seminar
Wednesday, January 27 – Group “B” Students attend hours 1, 2, 3, 4
Thursday, January 28 – Group “B” Students attend hours 5, 6, 7, Seminar
Friday, January 29 – Group “A” Students attend hours 1, 2, 3, 4