A note for our return to Remote Learning: While students are at home we expect them to practice the music assigned and complete the exercises uploaded to Canvas in their respective classes. Please log on during scheduled class periods, with video ON, and complete all work as assigned. We are working hard to provide opportunities for you, but we need your help to make this a success!
Thanks to all those who have paid dues. We received many payments via PayPal and by check over the last month. Your support is very much appreciated! Dues may be paid at any time – details regarding dues can be found here: https://www.smelancerbands.com/band-fees/
Band Booster Meeting Tuesday, 12/8, 6:30pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 989 9736 4976
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,98997364976#,,,,,,0#,,9228375# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,98997364976#,,,,,,0#,,9228375# US (Houston)
In-Person Rehearsals This Week:
All rehearsals are voluntary and will follow strict COVID-19 mitigation protocols. Students must fill out the check-in form each day
- Monday, 12/7, 3-5pm: Jazz combo rehearsal & ‘open jam’ 3-5pm.
- Tuesday, 12/8, 3-5pm: RSVP sectionals and practice
- Wednesday, 12/9, 3-4pm: Cadet Band Brass sectional
- Thursday, 12/10, 3-4pm: Cadet Band Woodwind sectional
- Thursday, 12/10, 4-5:30pm: Pep Band rehearsal and recording
- Friday, 12/11, 3-4pm: RSVP sectionals and practice
- Access our yearly Band Dues letter here
- The first “Prescott Technique” video was due 12/6. Please check modules and assignments in Canvas for details.
- Monday: warm-up, technique review, music theory/rhythm work, “You’ll Be Back” recording guidelines
- Wednesday: warm-up, scales/technique, “You’ll be Back” recording
- Friday: warm-up, “You’ll be Back”
- Monday: warm-up, scales, rhythm work, brass sectional for small ensemble.
- Wednesday: warm-up, scales, sight reading, You’ll Be Back rehearsal, woodwind sectional for small ensemble
- Friday: practice time, record You’ll Be Back
- Brass Concert Recording- Wednesday Dec. 16, 3-4
- Woodwind Concert Recording- Thursday Dec. 17 3-4
- Wear all black or Holiday gear.
- Virtual ensemble recording projects are ongoing. Recordings due 12/14
- Blue Knights (6th hour): Charlie Brown Christmas — first 3 tracks due 12/11
- Blue Notes (7th hour): Blame it on the Blues — track due 12/14. Solos due 12/17
- Jazz Transcription videos are due 12/18
Summative assessment preparation. Identifying, writing, ear training
- Tuesday: Review Worksheet, ear training (7th chord inversions, intervals)
- Thursday: 7th chord construction, ear training
- Friday: Music History from a multicultural perspective, reflection