A note for our return to Remote Learning: While students are at home we expect them to practice the music assigned and complete the exercises uploaded to Canvas in their respective classes. Please log on during scheduled class periods, with video ON, and complete all work as assigned. We are working hard to provide opportunities for you, but we need your help to make this a success!
Symphonic & Concert Band Auditions are finished. We have a few students who had to work through technical issues, and we should have the auditions finished mid-week. Thanks to all who prepared for their auditions!
Although many of our activities this year have been curtailed, we are still incurring expenses. We are spending extra money on music, virtual clinicians, online judges, audio/video streaming equipment, and more. Please Access our yearly Band Dues letter here and contribute if you can. We would very much appreciate it!!
- Last chance! Marching Band makeup pictures Thursday, Dec. 3, 6:00-8:00pm. Report to the auditorium ‘loading dock’ by 6pm. Dress: Blue band jacket, blue marching t-shirt, dark colored pants, instrument.
- Access our yearly Band Dues letter here
- Individual technique & musicianship exercises will be posted this week.
- Students will complete an individualized goal worksheet for personal growth & practice
- Voluntary in-person pep band rehearsals. In the next 3 weeks we hope to put together a few opportunities for students to practice together and prepare for some ad-hoc performances. Please indicate your availability for ANY of the time slots indicated below. Students should indicate their availability for multiple days, if available: https://doodle.com/poll/av8a6dx86s7w2ik5?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link
- Monday: Warm-up (Major Scales, Minor Scales, HOASM Book, Brass Sectional Small Ensemble Music
- Wednesday: Warm-up (Major/Minor Scales, Long tones, Woodwind Small Ensemble Music, You’ll Be Back Rehearsal
- Friday: Technic Exercises
- PLUS: Wednesday 12/2: Brass Ensemble Rehearsal 3:00-4:00,
- Thursday 12/3: Woodwind Ensemble Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Virtual ensemble recording projects:
- Blue Knights (6th hour): students will record their parts to “Charlie Brown Christmas”
- Blue Notes (7th hour): students will record their parts to “Blame it on the Blues”
- All students: Jazz solo transcriptions — students will learn and record themselves playing a transcription (or excerpts) of a jazz solo Voluntary in-person rehearsals: we will be hosting small group rehearsals to learn small group combo music and jazz improvisation. Please select any and all times you are available here: https://doodle.com/poll/av8a6dx86s7w2ik5?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link
Summative assessment preparation. Identifying, writing, ear training
- Triads/7th chords and their inversions