- Congratulations to Logan Lowrey on her selection as HOMECOMING QUEEN at Shawnee Mission East! We are so proud of you. Your positivity, kindness and determination is inspiring.
- Thank you students for your hard work and enthusiasm through a very challenging and abbreviated 2020 marching band season. Parents, thank you for the kind words and actions of support the past several months.
- No evening rehearsals this week.
- Moving forward: We will continue with our Beatles music, KMEA all-district audition preparation, new & old pep band music for basketball season, a holiday (virtual?) concert, music theory lessons & virtual clinician lessons by section.
- Action Item: Last week, Ms. Babcock sent out an email to verify attendance for hybrid school. Students who are “remote only” are eligible to attend on their corresponding “alpha days” (Monday/Tuesday: A-Lamb, Wednesday/Thursday: Lamc-Z). All other students will be in-person on their corresponding alpha days. Please complete ASAP if you have not already.
- Monday: warm up, small ensemble sectionals
- Wednesday: Ab scale due, rhythm assignment, individual small ensemble work
- Friday: continue work on rhythm w/time signatures, practice time
- Blue Knights (Jazz 2): Continue to practice scale patterns, Dominant 7th & Minor 7th arpeggios. KMEA District Audition prep, “Work Song” improvisation & chord structure. Rehearse new music “One For Daddy-O”
- Blue Notes (Jazz 1): Continue to practice scale patterns, Dominant 7th & Minor 7th arpeggios. KMEA District Audition prep, “Work Song” improvisation & chord structure. Rehearse new music “Blame it on the Blues”
- Tuesday: Review unit 1 quiz. (Re)-Introduction to inversions
- Thursday: Ear training – review all, prep for quiz
- Friday: Ear training quiz unit 1: major & minor scales, diatonic and chromatic intervals, triads