Weekly Announcements 7/29-8/2 2019
Upcoming band student activities and camps – All start in the SME Band Room
- Monday July 29- Friday Aug 2, 8am-11:30, 1:00-4pm, Marching Band camp
- Boosters providing lunch for campers Monday 7/29
- Transportation permission forms must be completed before students can ride with other drivers to lunch Tuesday-Friday
- Aug 2, 5:30pm: Band Camp Exhibition & Celebration (SME Football Field)
Water Bottle Donations
- We ask that each family donate one or more 25-40 bottle case per student. This helps keep the band hydrated at festivals, parades, contests, outdoor events, and more.
- Donations can be dropped off in the band room before or after any band activity
Band Registration, Uniform Fitting and Fee Payment
- Tuesday July 30, 6-9pm: Sophomores-Seniors
- Wednesday July 31, 6-9pm: Freshmen & New Members
- This is a great volunteer opportunity to help out the band and meet new people! Please contact email@example.com if you’d like to help out
- Thanks to everyone who has already paid their fees. The fee payment table will be set up Tuesday and Wednesday at registration/uniform fitting nights. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Band Camp Exhibition Performance and Celebration Friday 8/2, 5:30-7pm, SME Football Field & West Parking Lot
- Band performs ~ 6pm
- Come see the Marching Lancers perform all the music and choreography we learned during the week
- Light refreshments and reception provided by Band Boosters
- The event will be moved to the SME Main Gym in the event of inclement weather
Band Car Wash, August 17, 9am-1pm, SME Parking Lot
- A top-3 fundraiser for the SME Band
- Many volunteers needed! Power washers, ticket/money takers, assisting with towels, washing/drying, and more
- Volunteer sign-up for parents will be sent out this week
- Any parents who took home towel bins last year, please return them by 8am the morning of the car wash
- All students are expected to sell $10 tickets/$100 — turn in money or unsold tickets by Friday 8/16.
Pep Band Performance at New Teacher Academy Monday, August 5
- Meet at the Center for Academic Achievement (8200 W 71st St) by 8am.
- Equipment Truck will be available for large instruments
- Help welcome the new SMSD teachers and perform for the district administration!
- Performance is not mandatory, but all are encouraged to attend.
- New for 2019 — join the “Band” app to stay in touch with announcements, reminders and more, straight to your mobile platform.
- Invite link: https://band.us/n/aeaf1f08F5Zb2
Band Parent Information Form
- Have you filled it out yet? Update your information, volunteer preferences, etc.