SME Class/Bell Schedule
Mon & Tues: 7p Wed: ODD Thurs: EVEN Fri: 7p
Student & Parent Meeting Tuesday, 3/3 – 6:30pm, SME Band Room
This is a very important meeting for ALL students & parents involved in the band program at any level — included incoming freshmen!
- 2021 Band Trip to Disney, Universal Studios, NASA & Daytona Beach
- Mattress Fundraiser Kickoff — for every parent in attendance, CFS will donate $5 to our total, up to $500. Take home yard signs, pick up fliers, hear testimonials from happy customers and help spread the word
- Band Booster meeting — get involved in volunteering! Several opportunities to help your Lancer Band succeed.
Orchestra Collage Concert Wednesday, 3/4 — 7pm, SME Auditorium
- Selected members of Symphonic Band performing.
- Attire is SB concert wear
- Call time: 6:30pm
Basketball Sub-State Tournament Wednesday, 3/4 — SME Main Gym
- Those not participating in the Orchestra concert are expected to attend.
- Call time: 6:15pm. Single game begins @ 7pm
- Please communicate with your parents/students about game pickup time. A few long nights have been made longer by waiting on rides.
- If we win the team will travel to #1 seed JC-Harmon. If we win Saturday, we will communicate about the state tournament March 12-14
- Thank you to those students who have made this a great pep band season!
KU Jazz Festival Friday, 3/6 — Both bands performing
- Students will be excused from classes
- Departure @ 7:40am
- Blue Notes Perform: 9:30am, Murphy Hall 130
- Blue Knights Perform: 11:30am, Lied Center Main Stage (New for 2020!)
- Performance attire: Blue Notes — business-casual. Suggestions: https://www.thestreet.com/lifestyle/what-is-business-casual-14629494
- Performance attire: Blue Knights — Business-formal. Ties optional. Suggestions: https://purduecco.wordpress.com/2014/04/18/dress-to-impress-business-casual-vs-professional/
- Performances are free and open to the public!
Upcoming: Band Concert Tuesday, 3/10, 7pm, SME Auditorium
- Blue Notes, Blue Knights, Concert Band, Symphonic Band performing.
- Students in Concert Band should adhere to the “Concert Black” guidelines below.
- Symphonic Band was fitted for formal wear in the fall. If you have not been fitted (or you’ve grown 6 inches since then), please contact a director.
- Jazz Band students not in a concert ensemble should wear “Concert Black” or Black & White.