Marching Band Rehearsals this Week
- Please wear blue band shirts Monday. SME is hosting the State STUCO convention and we will be performing with the cheerleaders/dancers while they arrive, near the end of 1st hour. Students will be excused for part of 2nd hour.
- View the weekly agenda — this is also linked to your homepage on Canvas
- Mr. Eric Stambaugh, Hutchinson Community College & longtime Buhler Band Director will be with us Thursday and Friday
- Please have ALL materials (music, drill, lyre/ff/belt) at every rehearsal this week, no exceptions! *pop quiz materials check this week*
- As a reminder, all scheduled rehearsals are mandatory and absences/conflicts must be communicated in advance.
Pep Band Friday @ SM North
- When we are the visiting team vs. a SMSD opponent, we perform as a pep band in the stands (no marching).
- 6:15pm — Meet at SM North Stadium, 7401 Johnson Drive 66204, Visitor’s (East) Side stands
- Attire: Show Shirts
- Please arrange student and instrument transportation on your own. Let a section leader or drum major know if you need help with a ride
- This year we are in charge of nearly all home sporting event concession stand sales at SME. it’s a tremendous money-making opportunity for the program, but we need your help! If all students and parents worked at least 1 shift, we would have every shift covered. Please sign up here
- Thank you to all who have volunteered so far!
Upcoming: Fall Jazz Concert 9/27, 7pm @SME
- Our first jazz concert of year will feature the Blue Notes, Blue Knights & SME Jazz Combo.
- Attire: Concert Black — click here for SME Concert Black Attire Guide
KSMEA All-District Honor Band Tryouts
Auditions are quickly approaching (first weekend in November). Below are the materials that were passed out in May. If you have not begun preparing, please do so now!
From the Band Boosters
- SME Concession Sales volunteers – Please sign up to help! Students and parents needed, multiple dates
- Parents: Save money on admissions to Home Football and Basketball games to watch the band! Buy an All-Sports Boosters Activity Pass
- Chaperone MVP Certification — mandatory for bus chaperones, trip chaperones, and valid for FOUR years. Look ahead and get certified now if you plan on being a chaperone! (it’s free)
- If you have a family-run business, or work for a local business, please consider having them become a corporate sponsor of our band program. The flyer attached outlines what the company will get for their tax-deductible sponsorship . They can sponsor a specific show for $100, a band (i.e. marching or jazz, etc.) for $500, or the entire program for $2,500 for the year. We would also welcome family sponsorships. Contact Corp Sponsor Chair, Sheryl Hampton, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
- Order Additional Show Show Shirts & Sunglasses: Parents, families and friends — order a show shirt and/or sunglasses, available here
Join the Band App!