Marching Band Rehearsals this Week
- View the weekly agenda — this is also linked to your homepage on Canvas
- Please have ALL materials (music, drill, lyre/ff/belt) at every rehearsal this week, no exceptions!
- As a reminder, all scheduled rehearsals are mandatory and absences/conflicts must be communicated in advance.
- From now until the end of the season, Thursday Night marching band rehearsals will run from 5:30-7:30pm.
- Marching Band Solo/Group Pictures THURSDAY, 9/28, 4:30pm before rehearsal. See below for details
Fall Jazz Concert Wednesday 9/27, 7pm @SME
- Our first jazz concert of year will feature the Blue Notes, Blue Knights & SME Jazz Combo.
- Attire: Concert Black — click here for SME Concert Black Attire Guide
- Call time: 6:30pm for all students
Marching Band Pictures Thursday 9/28, 4:30pm @ SME
- Call time: 4:15pm. INDIVIDUAL pictures will begin at 4:30pm. Group pictures @ 5:15pm
- Order forms will be sent home as soon as they are received
- Rehearsal will be immediately after pictures, in full uniform
Pep Assembly Friday, 9:15-9:45am
- We will move into the gym after 1st hour rehearsal Friday.
- Classes will be shortened Friday to accommodate assembly schedule.
- Vote Charlie!
Football Game #3 Friday, 9/29 @ SM NORTH Stadium
Call time: 5:15pm @SME. FULL UNIFORM. Dress in uniform bottoms, speedsters & show shirts before leaving SME. Bring overlays & garment bags with you to SMN.
- 6:45: Pregame
- 1st-2nd Quarter: Play in stands
- Halftime: Watch Homecoming Ceremony — Go Charlie!!
- 3rd Quarter: Play in stands
- 4th Quarter: Play in stands/prep for performance
- 10 Minutes after game ends: Perform FULL SHOW!
Parent volunteer signup:
Upcoming Events – Welcome to Bandtober!
- Monday, 10/2, 7pm @ SM South Stadium: SMSD District Marching Band Showcase. Free and open to the public. All parents & families are encouraged to attend and support our SMSD marching bands! View the festival memo here
- Tuesday, 10/3, ALL DAY — Eat at Meddy’s in PV! See the flyer here
- Thursday, 10/5 — Regular Thursday 5:30-7:30 rehearsal @ SME
- Friday, 10/6 — Final football game & GLOW SHOW. Students will dress in lights (battery-powered LEDs work best), glowsticks, etc, and we will perform the show in the dark after the football game!
- Saturday, 10/7 — Olathe Marching Invitational. PRELIMS performance @ 1:45pm. FINALS performance TBD (will be between 6-9pm). All bands participate in both prelims AND finals. Schedule for the day is on page 8 of the directors’ packet
Ongoing Events & Info
- This year we are in charge of nearly all home sporting event concession stand sales at SME. it’s a tremendous money-making opportunity for the program, but we need your help! If all students and parents worked at least 1 shift, we would have every shift covered. Please sign up here
- Thank you to all who have volunteered so far!
KSMEA All-District Honor Band Tryouts
Auditions are quickly approaching (first weekend in November). Below are the materials that were passed out in May. If you have not begun preparing, please do so now!
From the Band Boosters
- SME Concession Sales volunteers – Please sign up to help! Students and parents needed, multiple dates
- Parents: Save money on admissions to Home Football and Basketball games to watch the band! Buy an All-Sports Boosters Activity Pass
- Chaperone MVP Certification — mandatory for bus chaperones, trip chaperones, and valid for FOUR years. Look ahead and get certified now if you plan on being a chaperone! (it’s free)
- If you have a family-run business, or work for a local business, please consider having them become a corporate sponsor of our band program. The flyer attached outlines what the company will get for their tax-deductible sponsorship . They can sponsor a specific show for $100, a band (i.e. marching or jazz, etc.) for $500, or the entire program for $2,500 for the year. We would also welcome family sponsorships. Contact Corp Sponsor Chair, Sheryl Hampton, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
- Order Additional Show Show Shirts & Sunglasses: Parents, families and friends — order a show shirt and/or sunglasses, available here
Join the Band App!
- Please make sure everyone has downloaded the Band App — ‘real-time’ announcements, schedules, information
- Students & Parents may also post pictures & videos
- Please use (real) full name, photo in your profile
- Join the Band App here
- Have you paid your band fees for 2023-2024?
Thanks to Mr. Stinky Feet for sponsoring the 2023 Marching Lancers!