Weekly Announcements 10/21-10/25 2019
- Congratulations to the students on a fantastic performance Saturday. We earned 2nd place in our division and scored 1st place overall in Auxiliary (Irish Dance, Lancer Dancers, props & flags)
- Our score (78.05) was actually higher than a few schools who made finals, but because of the division/at large format, we missed out by just about ONE point.
- We are so proud of how far we’ve come this year; we’ve raised our average competition score by over 20 points in the past 4 years. Thank you Seniors!!
- Video and judges comments can be accessed here. Some very good comments from judges. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ENo4rGDEed2oGNwVQejLaOR0E5f-n_D0
Marching Band Morning Rehearsals
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: Everyone on the field with equipment ready by 7:30am. We are giving the sun, and you all, a little more time to rise, so please respect that and be on time.
Sectionals Tuesday Night, 10/22, @ SME, 6-8pm
- Meet on the field at 6pm
Parent-teacher conferences this week
- Wednesday: 5-8pm in Aux Gym. 5-minute conferences
- Friday: 7:40am-3:20pm, 20-minute conferences by appointment. Sign up in Skyward (instructions were sent out via email by SME Admin)
Marching Band Senior Night & FB Game #4, Thursday 10/24
- Parents: Arrive at the game by 6:30pm. Find Amanda Gorman over by the senior banners on the SW side of the stadium. Mothers get corsages, which will be handed out before the game. Please email Amanda with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A detailed itinerary for Senior night will be sent out this week
Thursday night football game performances:
- Halftime: Senior recognition and movements 2 & 3 of the show
- Post-game: Glow Show!
- After halftime we will take o? uniform tops — students should be dressed in all-black underneath. Wear black marching bottoms, marching shoes, and black on top.
- Students decorate themselves, instruments, props, etc, in LED/battery operated lights, glow sticks; the brighter and more colorful, the better!
- We will perform our show in full in the dark for the crowd.
- Volunteer sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4daea622abf94-smeoct1
Olathe Marching Invitational
- For information related to the OMI Festival we are participating in this weekend, click here
- This information is located in the Documents & Forms section of our website: https://www.smelancerbands.com/documents-forms/
- Link to the volunteer signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4daea622abf94-smeomi