Weekly Announcements 09/23-09/27 2019
SME Band BBQ Fundraiser, October 4 & 5
- Buy a BBQ dinner, benefit the band! Black Moon BBQ, Daddy Bird’s BBQ/Catering, and the Band Boosters are joining up to sell racks of ribs, beans, sauce and dessert for a family of four, OR even cater your private party!
- Orders are due by THIS Friday, 9/27
- BBQ order form is now online: https://www.smelancerbands.com/bbq-fundraiser/
Marching Band Sectionals Tuesday, 9/22
- At SME, 6-8pm (please remember that these are not optional and carry weight on your grade!)
Football Game #2 Friday, 9/27, SM SOUTH district Stadium
- Call time: 4:45pm @ SME
- Full uniforms: marching shoes, black socks, band shirt underneath uniform
- Percussion and large instruments — help load equipment before putting on uniforms. If you play an instrument that goes on the truck, you are expected to help load/unload.
- Parents: lots of opportunities to help your students succeed! We need bus chaperones, sideline helpers, water crew, uniform helpers, and more. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4daea622abf94-smesep
- The band will be performing at halftime directly following the homecoming royalty ceremony
Overland Park Fall Festival Parade Saturday, 9/28
- 8:00am — band room opens for uniforms/equipment
- 8:40am — Equipment truck departs for meeting point
- 9:00am — Meeting point: 77th & Lowell Ave. All students arrive by 9:15am
- 10:00am — Parade starts. We are in block 2, #41 (much earlier than previous years)
- 11:00am — End of parade. Students may be picked up at Overland Park Elementary School, or arrange a pickup area south of Robinson Street. Students/parents driving to parade should coordinate rides accordingly.
- Large instruments and percussion will load truck in OP Elementary Parking lot or on Robinson St
- Parade Route: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DkhXJ8a9Metfi1tft-3gzUoLsqFRANVc/view?usp=sharing
- Staging Area Location: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xU0bP5i6mba6q2zJoFWHWbRYVPZnfjsc/view?usp=sharing
Pictures and Videos — don’t forget to send to email@example.com or to me, firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can share via google drive to those two addresses.