Week of: Sep 09 – Sep 13
Weekly Announcements 09/09-09/13 2019
Prairie Village Jazz Festival & Class of 1969 Reunion
- Congratulations to the Blue Knights on a great performance Saturday. Also, a big THANK YOU to the students and parents who volunteered for the festival. Great job all around!
- Also thank you to those who were able to make it to the class reunion. It was a small but mighty group. Much appreciated!
Photos of the Band
- If you have photos the band you would like to share from this weekend or from any recent/upcoming band event, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org (you can also share via google drive to this address).
- We will be collecting pictures for the website, social media, promos and more, so please don’t hesitate to share!
New! SME Band BBQ Fundraiser, October 4 & 5
- Buy a BBQ dinner, benefit the band! Black Moon BBQ, Daddy Bird’s BBQ/Catering, and the Band Boosters are pairing up to sell racks of ribs, beans, sauce and dessert for a family of four, OR even cater your private party! To make it a worthy endeavor we need to pre-sell 100 racks of ribs. That’s less than one per family…I know we can do it! Pre-sales due by Friday, 9/27.
- BBQ order form online (coming soon): https://www.smelancerbands.com/bbq-fundraiser/
- Flyer and info attached to this email
Lancer Day Thursday, 9/12
- Parade theme is “Music through the decades”, and the band theme will be the 1970s. Consult with your sections and come up with some fun outfits!
- After you eat lunch, you are dismissed to the band room for the parade
- 1:00pm — line up in parking lot and warm up for parade, pair up with IHMS band members in your sections. Please represent the SME band program in a positive, encouraging way at all times. These are your future band friends!
- 1:30pm — (change from last year): Parade Begins
- 1:50pm — arrive in Village Shops, parent volunteers hand out water. Middle school students depart with parents or take bus back to IHMS.
- 2:00pm — pep rally at clock tower in the Village Shops (outside Standees/C Frogs)
- 2:30pm — load large instruments in equipment truck in adjacent parking lot, travel back to East. many students arrange rides with other students/parents or walk back. We will transport large instruments but please have a plan for transportation back to SME.
- 3:00pm — students are free to go home, change, eat on their own. We will have supervision, water and food available at SME for those who need (or choose) to stay at school between the parade and football game. (continued on next page…)
Football Game #1 Thursday, 9/12 Uniform: Blue Band Shirts, black or dark athletic shorts, black socks, marching shoes (speedsters)
- 4:00pm — arrive at SME band room, load equipment and load buses.
- 4:30pm — depart for SM North
- 4:50pm — arrive at SM North, unload buses, leadership and parent volunteers greet IHMS students at North gate entrance
- 5:00pm — meet with IHMS 8th graders, practice pep band and pregame music in sections
- 5:45pm — Rehearse full group with 8th graders
- 6:00pm — water & snack break
- 6:30pm — line up for pregame, final announcements
- 6:50pm — pregame performance with IHMS students
- 7:00pm — perform pep band in stands with IHMS students
- (approximately) 8:15pm — Irish Rhapsody halftime performance (movements 1 & 2). IHMS students dismissed after halftime
- End of Game (approximately 9:15pm) — load buses and travel back to SME. All students assist with equipment, tidy up the band room.
- Friday: NO Zero Hour