Weekly Announcements for 8/5-8/9 2019
Marching Band Performance at New Teacher Academy, Center for Academic Achievement (CAA) Monday 8/5.
- Please meet at 8200 W. 71st St, 66204, at 9am
- Equipment Truck will be available to transport large instruments. If you want your instrument transported, you must be present (or arrange with a section leader) to load and unload instruments. Do not assume it will be loaded for you. Truck will leave SME at 8:45am. Doors to the band room will open at 8am.
- Please wear blue SME Band Shirt and bring pep band music
- Performance: 9:45am-10:15am. Truck will return to SME around 10:30am
Pre-Participation Evaluation (PPE) Physical Health Forms
- Please complete ASAP
Water Bottle Donations
- We ask that each family donate one or more 25-40 bottle case per student. This helps keep the band hydrated at festivals, parades, contests, outdoor events, and more.
- Donations can be dropped off in the band room before or after any band activity
Band Booster meeting
- Our first meeting of the school year is Wednesday, August 7 at 6:30 in the Band room. All parents are welcome!
The SME Band Merchandise Store is open
- Merchandise includes the 2019 Marching Lancers Show Shirt, sweatshirts, and various other options. All items are optional purchases. The sale site will be open through September 3, 2019. This is the only time the site will be open during the school year.
Band Car Wash, August 17, 9am-1pm, SME Parking Lot
- Parents are now able to sign up for volunteer shifts. We ask that parents sign up to work 1 or 2 shifts, and/or donate various items.
- Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4daea622abf94-smeband1
- View the car wash info email here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eugKeUH4ytLd3NTuWlvd_q_kthgXaKWlPEF87qQ5M34/edit?usp=sharing
Band Fees (continued on next page)
- Thanks to everyone who has paid their band fees. For those who have not yet paid, payment is still accepted at https://www.smelancerbands.com/band-fees or checks can be mailed. If you have questions, please contact SMEBandBoosters@gmail.com.
- New for 2019 — join the “Band” app to stay in touch with announcements, reminders and more, straight to your mobile platform.
- Invite link: https://band.us/n/aeaf1f08F5Zb2
Band Parent Information Form
- Have you filled it out yet? Update your information, volunteer preferences, etc.