Weekly Announcements 8/12-8/16 2019
Monday (8/12) Drumline & Pep Band Performances for Freshmen LINK day
- Drumline: 7:15am (7am call), circle drive/parking lot
- Pep Band: 12:30pm (12pm call), main gym
- Attire: Blue band shirts
Tuesday (8/13) Leadership Seminar with Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser, Blue Valley HS
- Meet at 4pm, 6001 W 159th St. Stillwell, KS 66085
- Required for Drum Majors & Section Leaders
Wednesday (8/14) Marching Band: First Zero Hour Rehearsal!
- All students gather on the football field with instruments and materials by 7am
- Drumline & Front Ensemble: Meet at 6:40 to move equipment
Thursday (8/15) Trumpet Sectional/Masterclass with Nick Kashka
- After school Thursday in the band room, 2:45-4pm
- Nick is a 2017 SME graduate who is a trumpet performance major at the University of North Texas.
Band Car Wash, August 17, 9am-1pm, SME Parking Lot
- Thanks for the tremendous volunteer response. Still a few volunteers needed:
- Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4daea622abf94-smeband1
- View the car wash info email here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eugKeUH4ytLd3NTuWlvd_q_kthgXaKWlPEF87qQ5M34/edit?usp=sharing
- All students please sell 10 tickets. Turn in $100 or remainder of tickets by Friday
Band Senior Pictures Tuesday (8/20)
- 6pm, Downtown WWI Memorial/Union Station
- Students wear Symphonic/Concert wear
Sunflower Festival Parade (originally 8/24)
- The parade has been moved to October and we will not be performing. Apologies for the inconvenience!
Pre-Participation Evaluation (PPE) Physical Health Forms
- Marching Band students please complete ASAP
Band Booster Communication
- Occasionally the band boosters will send out communications regarding volunteer opportunities, announcements and more.
- Please make sure SMEBandBoosters@gmail.com is in your contact list. We promise not to send SPAM or unwanted advertising emails. Anything coming from the boosters is just as important as emails coming from a band director!
Water Bottle Donations
- We ask that each family donate one or more 25-40 bottle case per student. This helps keep the band hydrated at festivals, parades, contests, outdoor events, and more.
- Donations can be dropped off in the band room before or after any band activity
The SME Band Merchandise Store is open
- https://smeband2019.itemorder.com/sale. Merchandise includes the 2019 Marching Lancers Show Shirt, sweatshirts, and various other options. All items are optional purchases. The sale site will be open through September 3, 2019. This is the only time the site will be open during the school year.
- Thanks to everyone who has paid their band fees. For those who have not yet paid, payment is still accepted at https://www.smelancerbands.com/band-fees or checks can be mailed. If you have questions, please contact SMEBandBoosters@gmail.com.
- New for 2019 — join the “Band” app to stay in touch with announcements, reminders and more, straight to your mobile platform.
- Invite link: https://band.us/n/aeaf1f08F5Zb2
- Please include first, last name and profile picture
Band Parent Information Form
- Have you filled it out yet? Update your information, volunteer preferences, etc.